Lexington Parks and Recreation has 5 shelters at Finch Park that are available for reservation. Shelters at all other City Parks are open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis. There are also 3 ball fields, and 1 multipurpose field that can be rented. If your organization is interested in utilizing a City park for a special event, please review the Rules and Application for Special Use of Parks. We also rent out the Robbins Recreation Center for indoor events.
Shelters are available to reserve at Finch Park; all other shelters are on a first-come, first-served basis.
Finch Park Shelter Reservation Time Blocks
April - September: 8:00 - 11:00am • 12:00 - 3:00pm • 4:00 - 7:00pm October - March: 10:00am - 1:00pm • 2:00 - 5:00pm
* You may rent more than one time block and use it for the total time. For example, if you rent the 8-11am and 12-3pm time blocks, you will have the shelter from 8am - 3pm *
We have 4 fields available for rental at Finch Park, a multipurpose field, a youth baseball field, and 2 softball fields. These can be rented in the same 3 hour time blocks listed above, or in half and full day increments. If you would like to discuss renting fields for your team's practice or tournament, please contact us at 336-248-3960.
Shelter/Field Rental Rates
The cost is $25 for city residents and $50 for nonresidents for a 3 hour rental. Reservation fees are non-refundable. If a cancellation due to inclement weather is necessary, an alternate date can be scheduled, but must be done within three (3) business days, and must be within the current calendar year.
Robbins Recreation Center
Need a place for your next gathering, reunion, or celebration? The Robbins Recreation Center provides a large room that accommodates 75 - 90 people and includes tables and chairs. Restrooms are conveniently located within the facility, and there is a kitchen available for food preparation and storage. All set up and break down is included within the rental timeframe. The cost is $40 per hour (minimum 3 hours), along with a refundable $100 security deposit. For more information on this option, please contact Andrew Lance at 336-248-3960 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Request a Reservation
You must set up an account to reserve a shelter.
Click the Sign In icon, then Create an Account.
Follow the prompts to create a user account.
Log in and follow below steps.
- To request a reservation, select the location you would like to reserve below.
- Select "Reserve" on the facility you wish to request to reserve.
- Enter information into the form
- Select the time block(s) you wish to request to reserve.
- Select "Next", and then complete information for the rental.
- Select "Next", and agree to the terms and conditions of the rental.
- Submit request! After we have reviewed and approved the request, you will have 5 business days to either log in or stop by the Robbins Recreation Center to pay you balance. If the balance is not paid within 5 business days the slot will be released.
**If you have any issues, or if you would like to reserve the Robbins Recreation Center or a ballfield, please call us at 336-248-3960.
Click the image to view an enlarged map of Finch Park*